NAHMA is the voice of the affordable housing management industry. Members rely on NAHMA for representation in Washington, D.C., invaluable professional education, information, networking and opportunities for one-on-one dialogue with the government leaders and agencies that impact the affordable multifamily housing industry.
For 2017, NAHMA’s advocacy work will directly relate to the following legislative and regulatory activities:
- Developing key working relationships with the influx of new congressional members and agency leaders
- Supporting full funding for HUD, Rural Development and tax credit programs through annual Appropriations bills
- Ensuring the viability of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program through any efforts to enact federal tax reform
- Advancing legislation to preserve multifamily affordable housing
- Encouraging investment in affordable housing through legislative and regulatory means
- Working against legislation that would limit the ability of federal agencies to meet with regulated industries
- Providing industry guidance on implementation of the recently passed Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act (HOTMA)
- Sharing industry’s positions, insights and concerns on agency-proposed rules and other initiatives that impact the management of affordable multifamily housing
NAHMA needs your help if we are to achieve our 2017 goals. Your contribution funds NAHMA’s government affairs and other grassroots activities that keep the affordable housing industry’s perspective at the forefront of the congressional and federal regulatory agendas.
Contribute now to the NAHMA Legislative-Regulatory Advocacy Fund by clicking on the button above, or sending your contribution to NAHMA Leg-Reg Fund, 400 N. Columbus St., Suite 203, Alexandria, VA 22314.