Join the NAHMA “March Meeting Hill Visit Challenge” to advocate for affordable housing in Congress!
While in D.C. NAHMA’s winter conference (March 3-5, 2019), make sure your voice gets heard on affordable housing issues important to you. Following the NAHMA meeting, head to Capitol Hill on Tuesday afternoon to visit with your lawmakers or their staff and tell them why full funding for affordable housing programs is critical.
Let NAHMA make sure your name gets in the appointment book.
- NAHMA can help you decide which offices to meet with
- Please let NAHMA know if you need assistance scheduling Hill Visits by Feb. 8, 2019
- Please also let us know if you would like meeting talking points and other Hill Visit prep
- If you have missed the scheduling deadline, please still reach out to us to discuss other options for participating in the Challenge
Earn points for the Challenge – Participation is easy!
While on Capitol Hill, help your AHMA win our bracket for the March Meeting Hill Visit Challenge. Whether you are an experienced advocate on Capitol Hill or you’re are meeting with lawmakers for the first time, participation is easy:
- Take a picture during your Hill visit (with congressional staff or in front of the congressional office) to earn points (10 points per meeting!)
- Earn additional points by posting to social media using the challenge hashtags, #ScoreMoreHousing and #nahma19 (10 additional points per meeting)
- For even more points, bring someone new to advocacy with you, or head to the Hill for the first time yourself (10 additional points per meeting!)
To download the Hill Visit Challenge flier (below), please click here.
After the challenge, please send your Hill Visit photos, a quick blurb about the office you met with/what you discussed, and information about social media components or “newbie” participation to email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
For information on our last year’s 2018 “World Cup” August Advocacy Challenge activities and winners, please click here.